Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ricas Tacos



I know, I know. It's been a month since I've updated. I know you were all on the edge of your seats, and been all like "Yo, dog. What the dilly yo with the taco blog 'n shit?" and I'm all like "Dude, when did it get all New Jack City up in here?"

But it's been a busy month. The SLF and I have moved in together and we are acting all grown up, but living in sin. Just because I haven't been updating the blog, doesn't mean we haven't been gorging ourselves on the delectable delights that only a greasy taco truck can provide. This is actually one of 3 updates I need to do. So hold on to your hats.



Today we went way up in Shoreline. This truck, which I think is called Ricas Tacos, is located across the street from Goodwill on 145th.

I try to go into a taco truck with no preconceived notions about the quality of the meat I am about put down my throat, much like George Michael in the dirty, poorly lit bathrooms at a park. But I had high hopes for this truck. There was a crudely drawn portrait of Homer J. Simpson on the side. And how can Homer be wrong about food?


SLF and I were both excited about this truck. It had been there for years. If can withstand the test of time, it has to be at least ok. SLF could barely wait to wrap her lips around that thick tube.



Please observe the spread above. SLF had the chicken burrito, and I had my usual 3 tacos with various meats, and rice and beans.

Well, it had so much going for it. Ok, it only really had Homer going for it. This place was not good. It was overly greasy. I felt that all 3 different meats in the tacos were rubbery and had little taste. The rice and beans were decent, but I'm not going to go to a place just for the rice and beans.


Jonny Loser and his tummy give this place their lowest rating yet, 4 golden roaches. I was so very disappointed. Not so much in the taco truck, but in Homer J. Simpson. Homer, I thought I knew you.

No comments:

Post a Comment